Be Prepared For Your Next Outing!
Notes to help you be prepared for up-coming events and meetings.
See also the campout packing list.
Scouts should check back here before each outing to see if there are any special considerations that they should be aware of. Start with the packing list above, and don't forget the mess kit.
TAum Sauk, Shut-ins, & Float
- Bring a mask, enough for the weekend. When we're outdoors and keeping distance it won't be necessary, but there will be times when you'll need it.
- Read the standard packing list. It's been a long time since we camped, and you might need more reminders than usual.
- Bring water shoes. These can be purpose-made for the water, or an old pair of sneakers. Flip-flops won't do, the current will remove them and carry them away.
- Swimwear and towel
- Sun screen is a must. Lotion or pump.
- Bug spray is a must. Non-aerosol pump or lotion.
- A hat with a brim or visor can be good to keep the sun off when on the river.
- Sturdy shoes or boots. A hike on Saturday is not out of the question if we don't spend the whole day at the shut-ins.
- Mess kit, rain gear, and water bottle are all on the standard list but Scouts sill manage to forget them. Not you.
- Do you have a personal tent? Bring it just in case. We'll follow the one-per-tent rule even if everyone's vaccinated.
We travel in uniform.
- Unless otherwise noted, we meet for departure on the St. Joseph parking lot at 6 p.m. on Friday for an ordinary weekend campout.
- We call home on Sunday when we know our exact arrival time back in Manchester; we return to the former Office Depot parking lot unless otherwise noted.
Last edited: June 24, 2021, 19:17