Important: Mr. Hardy's wife has tested positive for Covid, so Mr. Hardy may not be able to attend camp. Other adults attending are Messrs. Clever, Hamer, and Harter. We will have no meeting this week. The plan was for Mr. Hardy to go over some points for camp with the Scouts. Those points are online now and listed here (so available even to those who wouldn't be at the meeting). Parents, make sure your Scout coming to camp reads this.
- Among the forms provided to your parents is one for recording all the merit badge prerequisites that you have done. Be sure that that is turned in by time of departure!
Here are the points made in last week's update for easy access:
- Cots will not be provided by camp. Campers will need to bring a cot or an air mattress if they don't want to sleep directly on the concrete pad provided for the tents.
- Scouts should complete any pre-work for any of the badges they've selected for summer camp. Details are in the parents' packet which can be downloaded from the troop website. There is a form for recording what prerequisites have been completed; turn it in by departure time.
- It's too far for parents' night, twice as far as S-bar-F. You're welcome to make the trek if you really want to, but we won't expect you unless you let us know otherwise.
- Bring gear to the trailer on Saturday, 7/2, between 10 am and 11 am so that you don't have to pack it into camp.
- Meet to leave for camp on the upper lot at 9:30 on Sunday, 7/3, in uniform, and bring a lunch.
- Double-check that you've signed all forms in the parent packet. Many activities have a specific form or release that is required.
- Emails were sent to all concerning any outstanding health form issues. Please be sure to provide what was asked.
We are tentatively planning a Mystery Campout for the first weekend in August, 8/5-8/7. Hold the date.
New health forms are needed from everyone. Please turn in new Part A and Part B for all events. Include copies of both sides of the applicable insurance card if it's changed. If going to camp, please schedule a physical using Part C. These are needed for participating adults, too! Youth physicals can be by a PA or a NP. The camp manual specifically calls out the date of the last tetanus vaccination; you'd want to make sure that's up to date in any case. Make sure it's included on Part B.
Watch the council website for upcoming merit badge skill centers Many are being offered online.
Medications should be in their original containers accompanied each outing with the troop's Medication Schedule form. Send only what is needed for the outing. Never skip medications meant to be taken regularly when on a Scout outing.
Health forms must be updated every year. Please submit an updated and newly signed copy of Parts A & B for both youth and for participating adults along with a copy of the insurance card that will provide coverage in the coming year. Part C with a physical examination will be required for summer camps and high-adventure outings.
BSA forms and detailed information can be found on the national council website at http://www.scouting.org/Home/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx. Troop activty permission and medication schedule forms are on the troop's Forms page.